I am not sure of the origination of this wonderful recipe, but I have made it for years. When I was twenty-something and didn’t know how to cook a thing, this was always my sure-fire go-to recipe for any gathering. To this day, I still love this recipe. Quick, easy, and delicious!
Also a great recipe to begin with when teaching children how to “cook” because no actual cooking is involved.
- One 9″ prepared graham cracker crust
- 1/3 cup of concentrated lemon juice
- 8 ounces of softened cream cheese (leave out of refrigerator for a couple of hours)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 14 ounces of sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 large can of cherry pie filling chilled
- In large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Beat in sweetened condensed milk.
- Add lemon juice and vanilla. Turn mixer to low and mix until just blended.
- Pour into prepared crust. Chill three hours or until set.
- Just before serving, top with desired amount of chilled cherry pie filling.
Great with a cold glass of milk!
Cheryl Shireman is the bestselling author of several novels, including Broken Resolutions, the Life is But a Dream series, and the Cooper Moon series. She is also the author of ten books for toddlers including the eight Let’s Learn About series focusing on different animals and I Love You When: For Girls and I Love You When: For Boys.
Leave a Comment